Genesis 2:21-25 KJV
(21) And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
(22) And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
(23) And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
(24) Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
(25) And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
Now that’s just funny there….
God needs to take one of Adam’s ribs to make a woman out of. This after poofing the entire 125 billion galaxy Universe into existence in an instant.
I also love the fact that he had to put Adam to sleep to do this. I mean is this supposed to be an operation here? Why would he need to put Adam under when he just does everything with magic?
And that’s another thing, he actually needed to close up the wound. I mean magic doesn’t require cutting. This is all very confusing here.
Or maybe not. It could just be a stupid story to keep women in their place. You know…the kind of thing a Bronze Age goat herder might come up with.