2 Chronicles 13:13-18 KJV
(13) But Jeroboam caused an ambushment to come about behind them: so they were before Judah, and the ambushment was behind them.
(14) And when Judah looked back, behold, the battle was before and behind: and they cried unto the LORD, and the priests sounded with the trumpets.
(15) Then the men of Judah gave a shout: and as the men of Judah shouted, it came to pass, that God smote Jeroboam and all Israel before Abijah and Judah.
(16) And the children of Israel fled before Judah: and God delivered them into their hand.
(17) And Abijah and his people slew them with a great slaughter: so there fell down slain of Israel five hundred thousand chosen men.
(18) Thus the children of Israel were brought under at that time, and the children of Judah prevailed, because they relied upon the LORD God of their fathers
They are killing off half a million Israelites here. These are the people God likes.
A half million….that about the same as a city the size of Fresno or Tucson. That’s more than the US lost in World War two. It ten times the casualties of Gettysburg and that took three days. It’s not even believable with modern weapons, let along swords.
Seriously…the point of the story here is that God is a prick, lets his own people get slaughtered in impossible numbers, doesn’t really care.